Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Blogging (Post 1 of 31)

I heard about blogging while we lived in Singapore and how easy it is to do blogging when I used to attend several seminars to figure out how to keep myself intellectually challenged while bringing up my two daughters. So my first posting was end of Aug 2006 and then we made this big move to Taipei in Taiwan.

I found blogging would be a great opportunity to jot down just living moments in a country I had not even heard of.

I also realized that if you don’t write down time just flies and you wonder what you were doing especially if you were not pursuing a career outside your home. I for one keeps wondering what I did in Singapore for two years.

So in Nov 2006 I started my journey of blogging mainly on Taipei Living and my daily encounters. I have managed to have about 180 posts over the 24 months ( so about 5 to 7 a month ) .I am not a big reader of blogs and I go to only two blogs regularly.

One being a college friend ( who began blogging around the same time) and went on to become a published author and one of an artist whose blog was introduced to me by PS I continued as it was a great inspiration for attainment of self discipline.And he happens to be my sole follower on my infamous blog!

I for one never achieved much other than memories of living in Taipei and bringing up my girls. So when I read about NaBloPoMo I said let me sign up and bring back some "self imposed self discipline".

Apart from posting daily, I thought I would get back to trading daily! Its been 4 months and you have to build a routine to keep sanity…in yet another place and still in the process of settling down…

2 comments:

  1. ...and I'm still following!(Thanks for the mention!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Niall....If you dont...I think I will have to wait for Grandchildren to read them....

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!