Monday, May 18, 2009

The UK(13 of 31)

It amazes me how little I know of UK. Starting with the UK( didn’t know till now it is the commonly used term for the larger name of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) or Britain .

Other facts I am discovering along the way!
The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy and unitary state consisting of four countries England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

It is governed by a parliamentary system with its seat of government in London the capital
National administrations in Belfast-( the capital of Northern Ireland)
Cardiff ( Capital of Wales) and Edinburgh ( the capital of Scotland )

Well how did I end up researching all this ?

We were planning to visit Wales in one of the “Bank Holiday Weekends” and every where I was reading about Wales they referred it to as in “our country – Wales”…for a moment …I thought to myself: Do I need yet another visa to enter Wales?...one never know when you hold a passport of a developing country like India.

If you do come by and check often I will write all about my new found knowledge on Wales!

1 comment:

  1. Wales is FANTASTIC and you don't need your passport...just an umberella.

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!