Sunday, July 26, 2009

Eiffel Tower


We headed off to Eiffel Tower....The crowds were unbeleivable...so if you are visitng Paris on a weekend in Summer give yourself an hour to queue apart from the travel time!

They were also all kinds of people begging , touts selling souveniers...

It reminded me of any tourist destination in India....

I was several times approached by ladies who ask you for money ...the first question they ask is "Do you speak English?"Then they show you a written "Sob story" and start pestering you for money....I learnt my lesson soon and started saying NO..I don't speak English and it worked..atleast they didnt pester!

Even the toilets had a queue and you needed half hour to access one...

Was quite disillusioned by all this....but the view from top of the Eiffel tower was out of the world...we had clear skies...and the enginering marvel cannot be but admired....
A slice of the view from the Top Tower

Eiffel Tower at night!

We have so far done:
Day 1
Disney Parks -both
Day 2
Versailles
Eiffel Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!