Monday, February 01, 2010

TIES

I’ve taken the challenge to write a blog post every day for the month of February for National Blog Posting Month.

I had done this one month about 8 months ago.It indeed proved to be challenging and interesting..

This month its about TIES.

I decided to choose for the first day my TIES to cities.

Kodaikanal:

This is a town that I hold deep ties to.The reason this is where I grew from a child to a teenager in search of real me!....This was few decades ago as you can guess but I still hold fond memories of the town.

I do not remember all of my life spent there but I do have some vivid memories.
After I completed my School in 1987 I had a chance to go back there twice once during my graduation about 4 years later and once with my husband...about 15 years later.....although there are some vivid spots and activities I clearly remember there are several things I cant match up even in my thought...I have to content myself saying I was too small to comprehend and never thought I will remember them two decades later....

This is a very small town those days...It was apparently established by the British in 1845 as a Summer holiday Retreat. I will continue to write about our life in the boarding the best of my memory from my perspective.....

4 comments:

  1. wow....super cool....Sure I'd wanna visit your page everyday now!!something nice everyday. Looking forward to the next 30 days now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Can start my day with your blog post for the next 30 days :) Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And BTW Kodai is one beautiful place. You are lucky to have lived in such a serene location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jyoti - Thanks for the encouragement!
    @ Varun - Kodai was a beautiful and serene indeed! - more so those days!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!