Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Parenting

Have you ever wondered where you fail in parenting?
Or why children can be so different.

Both T and R got a week of Readathon at school.

It was a sheet they had to record what they read as to how many pages/chapters/books and we "poor Parents" had to sponsor an amount per page/book etc.Atlaest they had a maximum mentioned of 10 pounds.

When the week began I told them read as much and I was willing to give upto 5 pounds each..

Well T didnt really care and I dont bother given a choice she will read 3 to 4 hours a day.But R is not yet into so called "Chapter Books".She reads if she has to and we are behind her back to get her to read on most days.

The sheet had 4 columns.Date you read the book/Title/No.of pages and Parent or Teachers Initials

Well it all began in the right spirit on a Monday morning.R had read a few pages from three books so I filled that up and signed each line.As the week progress there are atleast another dozen things to attend to so I didnt quite bother to check their sheet they are required to update.Alhough R constantly reminded me how she needs to get 10 pounds.

Friday morning I knew they will have to submit their readathon sheets so I took up R's sheet.

She had filled about 10 lines more with titles of several books she had probably browsed through and written a few page numbers she claimed to have read.

What shocked me is she had even copied my signature on every line.T on the other hand had read a few books written the title and left the sign/initial column blank.
When asked why did you do that R says" I can do your sign so I didnt wait for you"...

Tell me now did I miss out any strict parenting mantras or should I just say they are so different!

Although I gave R a strong warning saying she cannot repeat my sign and also erased every line and resigned...I am not convinced that she understood the gravity of the fact that she has done wrong!.....so I will have to wait and watch and hope that it doesnt happen again!and pray nothing serious occurs!

2 comments:

  1. LOL really;-D!!!! Well its obvious she doesnt know the seriousness of it. Mayb u can ask T to explain it to her once again. Kids have the habit of taking the words of their elder sisters more seriously than wht the mothers say;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and your tip....but R seems the daring kind for the moment!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!