Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Ties to UK

Average Household Wealth

This is something that ties me to UK...where I currently live!

I read some interesting statistics in a local newspaper and was eager to share.

Its the chart "How Britain's Wealth Divides"

Its the table that caught my eye!

Some amazing facts
Indians by ethnic origin is the second only to White by 17k in terms of average house hold wealth...
Well this is average so there could be very poor and very wealthy billionnaires...but it still caught my eye.....You will see when you read the other ethnic origins are less than 50% what "Whites and Indians" average household wealth is...


Another fact!

90% of full time employees earn less than 47k a year.....which translates to less than 34k after NI(National Insurance) and Income Tax...

That is approximately 2800 pounds a month which is about Rs.2.2 lakhs a month...that may sound a lot but not if you compare it with the expenses here.

At least a 1000 pounds of that will go in housing and related utilities no matter how small your acco is going to be....then average person's commute cost will be 150 pounds....so you are left with 1650 pounds for everything else....that is still 1.2 lakhs a month....to do everything else ...depending on the your size of the family...

This is just a calculation based on what I read.....I just found the information useful...and thought some of you may too....

Yeh...didnt forget about Kodai.....that is coming in detail soon!

3 comments:

  1. I have lived in UK for about 7 months and know how expensive it is. Facts are truly interesting. I lived in London and somehow fell in love with that city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Varun - I am still learning how expensive the city can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed good information you have given..

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!