Friday, February 05, 2010

My Ties to Singapore

I have several reasons why I have this city very dear to my heart!

- It was the first city outside of Bangalore I got to travel with my better half...in 2000....by the way it was not a honeymoon...we had T with us who was 6 months old.

- I was so impressed that I decided if we ever get an opportunity this is the city I would like to live , work and play as their Government puts it

_ I was lucky and my prayers were answered and we moved to Singapore in 2004...and spent a little over two years.

- Words cannot describe what I learned and how my outlook to eveything changed in those two years.

- since I had no clue that this was going to be only two years when we moved ...I feel there were lot more things I could have done...may be....but I did enjoy myself!

- my children loved it to from the place we stayed and the activities they could do.

- Since its only a 4 hour flight back home it never seemed too far away.

-Over the years we have some very good friends to go back to every now and then.

_ Even today I talk to friends living in Singapore atleat once every week.

- I read Business Times almost every day.

- Its my dream to retire here one day...I know its not the most exotice seaside or the magnificent mountains..its the convenience and orderliness that attracts me to the city.....

- In short everything works the way it ought to.I love that!

1 comment:

  1. nice post vinoo.after my marriage i spent 1 yr in goa,as my hubby is working thr.even i wish to retire in goa one day.

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!