Monday, October 29, 2007

Competition

I still like to browse through times of India....once in a few months....especially when I think of home....back in India....If I dont get anyone online to chat with I always like to catch up on news...

here are some interesting facts....that I found...in the newspaper...

IIMs have collected a whopping Rs 25 crore by way of selling CAT 2007 bulletins
Cost of CAT bulletin: Rs 1,100
Applications sold: 2.3 lakh
No. of seats in all six IIMs: 1,500

IIMS stand for the top management institutes...

You stand a less than 1/2% chance to enter one of these colleges......

I often tell fellow mothers I meet...I want my children to be competitive...its important....they dont see enough of it outside India....so I thought its good to remember this statistic....because it is only going to get tougher as years go by..

Another interesting statistics I found was that India has 369 universities.. and over 18000 colleges...that vye for student attention....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!