Monday, October 15, 2007

Taipei Living

Today we complete one year in Taipei.

A city absolutely unknown to us a year ago.....and knew little ...we completed a year as a family!

I attended a course in Singapore to be certified as a Professional Trainer and one of the things taught to us trainers was...a Learning Cycle.

The three questions one should ask oneself/group after any milestone or activity.

SO I thought I can analyse my one year stay in the same tempo...

What went well?
What can be done better?
What did I learn?


So what went well in Taipei?


  • We had a quick settling phase....15 days we were more or less settled...as far as infrastructure and house, school were concerned....Our first 15 days
  • We visited several places within Taiwan and in less than a year we almost covered all important attractions..Some of the places we covered
    Window on China
    National Palace Museum
    Sun Moon Lake
    Ocean Park Hualien
    Taroko Gorge
    Kenting

    Cities we visited

    Hongkong
    Tokyo - Shinjuku, Akhibara Tokyo photos more Tokyo Photos

    Kids learned new things like
    Tanya for the first time got to sing a Duet on stage
    Tanya did Oil Painting for the first time.
    Tanya knows to play with a Chinese YoYo.
    Tanya began to swim all four strokes - 50 mts.

    Riona is learning to read.
    Riona learned to swim.
    Riona began Kumon.

    I for the first time learned to cook and became a "Home Maker"..
    I have learned to drive on the right side of the road.

    Some thrills of living in Taipei

    Buying an Indian Kurti for less than NT.50 ( US$1.5)
    Buying a pair of Good Jeans at NT 150 ( US $ 5)
    Got to celebrate Holi for the first time in my life.

    There are several other thoughts that I will keep adding as the thoughts come along....
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I thank you for reading and leaving a note!