Thursday, January 24, 2008

Year 2008 for me!

Like any other year this is another as uncertain as life can get.
This is our second year in Taipei so there is every possibility we may have to move before the year ends... may be not...I have learned to live with it....

In 2008 ,

I want to get back to working on my weight - losing 10 kgs would be ideal but its extremely tough job...having not yet started neither cutting down on food nor excercising....but I hope to hit the gym atleast 3 times a week and consciuosly cut down on intake. I am ashamed to reveal my weight of 75kgs but I think that would be great motivation to come back and post a status review....so need to be 65kgs by end of the year 2008.

I want to work on skills acquired and start making money. One thing I still have not been able to come to terms with life after quitting a full time job is that I don't earn money on my own....and its harder because I have to literally earn it from home...the easiest to get started is to get back to Options Trading a skill I believe I picked up while in Singapore....and I still believe if you can make it happen and make money for you its best of 2 worlds...you are at home and can probably make as much as a full time job...its a life time skill. no bosses, no retirement etc...I know a few individuals and believe me all of them women who does it....one day I want to be in that situation....and will be...

Another of the skill I like to acquire is how to trade foreign currencies.....still very new to me....ideally I would like to attend a course but thats an impossible option in Taipei but if we do move I will make every effort to do the same.

Another area I need to focus to get rid of lot of junk at home.every year we keep adding more and more things to our home and its extremely hard to get organised...this is something I really want to make an effort this year.

Apart from these, all my targets for my children...

For Riona by end of the year she should be a fluent reader...its been hard on me and probably her....she is on Level 3 on her school reading scheme getting her to Level 7 is the target for the year. I feel not reading early deprives the child a lot of learning they could acquire just because they read early...we are diligently working on it. writing too have to come in....

For Tanya most of the basic skills are there now its a matter of self discipline and self motivated effort .....so we need to really gear her up to that arena...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!