Thursday, January 24, 2008

Year 2008 The beginning

We are 24th day into the new year and I just feel I have caught up with 2008 this week.

I have been hoping to blog since Monday ,I guess it takes a while to get back...when you are away for so long.

What have I been upto?

We were back in Taipei on 5th all tired and exhausted after so called "winter vacation".ITs been always the same the trips back home to India.

The week of 7th I guess, I was just putting things back to routine.Riona had started several new activities and reschedule some of Tanya's so we literally have a packed week with least activities on Friday so that Friday evening is for relaxing!

Weekend was packed with a Grand farewell party for a family leaving Taipei for Mumbai after 4 years and we had a great Chinese cuisine Dinner with a Chinese family!

The week of 13th just as I thought "Great going" and I can start my planning for the New Year ...here it goes...I bump the car into a barricade before I knew I was pushing a railing of atleast 10 feet long down the road and the car display inside was showing "LOW TIRE"...Not sure What happened but I decided to reach home somehow driving it and stopped only after I parked it and saw the front left was fully flat and the car had severe scratches all over.

Then the whole week goes getting the tire changed , getting the leasing company to arrange for repair , provide a replacement car .....getting used to driving that car....these may sound mundane but in a country where you cant speak English they all take a lot more effort to just get things done.So I have a car I need to drive which I am just not used to also had a field trip with Tanya's class , Had a Girl Scouts Meeting at South Taipei....so all in all I had a packed week with no spare time .

Some highlights of the week was a visit to the Aboriginal Museum of Taiwan, also a great "SUSHI" lunch with friend Urmi.

Other areas I have been thinking of writing about is

Year 2008 for me!
Visit to Aboriginal Museum
"Sushi Lunch"
Who is a Roman Syrian Catholic?
Mongolia - An Insight
France - How much do you know?
21st Century Skills - our kids ought to know
Net Etiquette

The week of 21st began with researching the web on American Standardised tests which Tanya needs to take this semester.Having never lived in America I can never get to know the right pulse these tests are to be viewed at...

I attended a fantastic talk on 21st Century Skills needed for our kids in Lower classes at the school. It was extremely informative as much it opened my eyes to what our kids get exposed daily to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!