Thursday, August 09, 2007

Exotic Spa Living Room

"Exotic Spa Living Room"

First Why the Title? It seems to be the hottest kind of living room people aspire for at the moment! Not sure really how that would be but I promise to post a picture when I do live in one!

One of my good friends and the only blogger friend told me "why don't you put up pictures of your home...it would be lovely to view.and...its been eight months" and I have not got around to doing that....

So this month, as I will be completing 11 years of marriage I thought it would be a good time to write about the living rooms I lived in the last 11 years....

I dug around for old photographs to give a detailed perspective.....however I am ashamed to admit I found very few decent photos...

Our Life began( read married life ) in a one bedroom apartment in a city called Bangalore.

Our first living Room




The rent for the unit we leased was Rs.2800 ( US$85) per month. I presume it may have been about 750-850 sq ft....It really didn't matter....and we lived there happliy for 2 years.It was on the 5th floor.

An external view of the complex " SENA VIHAR"



The next move was when we moved to another house which we had purchased.
This was the only occasion we bought a house and lived in it for about 15 months.
The size was about 1000 sq ft and also a one bedroom unit.

The only picture I could find displaying all the "Mal"meaning "goods" I picked up from my first overseas trip to United States!



We had to move again ...so we moved from the Ground floor to the 6th in the same building.
The primary reason for moving was that we were expecting our first baby and we needed an extra room for her live in Nanny....

So to the third house......approx size 1300 sqft and the rent was Rs.10000 per month (US$280) per month.

Then came the fourth house! This was about 2300 sq ft ...and where we lived the longest so far...that was about US $1000 per month ( yes we are still in Bangalore).
We lived there for 3 years ...Riona being added to the family in 2002...



Then came the next move the 5th to Singapore we lived in a house paying about US $2000/ per month.Although the rent paid doubled, the size became half...We were back to 1300 sq ft....


<
Before we realised... yes we did spent 25 months there we were moving yet again a new country , a new city...Taipei ...we have a very beautiful apartment to stay....fully furnished by the landlord ....with exclusive views from every balcony. The living room balcony opens to the famous National Palace Museum and others to mountains and streams....

View of the National Palace Museum from our balcony.



And I really dont know the size but I think its about 90 pings( 1 Ping = 3.5 sq. meters (approx. 36 sq. ft.))
thats what they say here for the area! approx....3300 sq ft( I just figured that out after living for over 10 months I always thought it was less than 2500 sqft.) at a rental of US $6000/- per month .... Note 11 years ago we paid US $85 per month.....

Current Living Room



For the first time the dining area was almost separate...or always it was a living cum dining arrangement!




Yet when I read my friend's post which led me to this other post on Marriage

I have concluded what matters in life eventually is
"the small details" of our lives are what really matter in a relationship.

It is not the size of the apartment, the type of car, the properties you own, the bank balance you keep that matters.

These of course create an easier existence in comfort and happiness but cannot give happiness by themselves!

So finding time to be your spouse's friend and do those little things for each other that build intimacy that will matter in the end.....and it will always will!

A family photograph taken in our living room!



I don't think any of these things matter to me even today more than a spontaneous hug from my spouse.......and needless to say that I am happily married for 11 years!
So make most of your marriage and live it to the fullest and in the end it will always be worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!