Friday, August 24, 2007

Art

Art Gallery

I am neither an Artist nor an Art Lover/Critic/Collector. I do admire simple and beautiful creations!

Of late I have just been acquainted with a lot of artists - Alpana Ahuja - a great friend and a few of them I knew even from my college days! - Preeti

I had a chance recently to visit an Art Gallery by the youngest Artist I have ever met so I really thought it was worth writing a note about her. I was amazed at her works and her first solo exhibition with over 30 unique creations. And she is all of 18…. a school kid (literally) but her paintings speak volumes about her depth and insight and perspective.

I also took the opportunity to take my 7-year-old daughter who loves to draw and have a few guided works to her credit so that she may draw on some inspiration.
Tanya's work

Here is a photograph I manage to take with her in her first solo exhibition inaugration day…


A few other shots of her exhibition-



You can read more details of her in the leading local daily article in “The China Post”The Article


So I encourage all of you to take the time and have a look if you happen to be in Taipei or else you can take a look at her website!

Her Name is Devi Seetharam and her website is www.deviseetharam.com

“Spreading the Wings” an exhibition of paintings by Devi Seetharam

Duration:August, 7, 2007(Tuesday)~August, 26, 2007(Sunday)

Venue: Angel Art Gallery


106 台北市信義路三段41號1樓
1F, No.41, Sec.3 Xin-Yi Rd. Taipei City, Taiwan, R.O.C.
TEL:00-886-2-2701-5229.2701-5339 FAX:00-886-2-2701-3567



She belongs to one of the teenagers who I found was really focused - and talented!

Good Work- Devi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!