Tuesday, June 01, 2010

NaBloPoMo

I was trying to post every day of the month in Feb when all of a sudden ....circumstances took over and then I was unable to continue...and never could get back...so today when I received an email from NaBloPoMo, I said to myself "This is it!" Let me get back.

Writing Prompt for Tuesday, June 1, 2010.

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?


I really have no vivid memories of what I wanted to be....I knew I will be one day married to someone my parents choose but that never worked out that way!

When I was recently cleaning up my home...I found a music notebook I had picked up from my home I grew up.I always have heard my parents mentioning I played the violin very well and started learning when I was three and so on..I often repeated that verbatim without being sure whether it was really true and often wondered if it was true.




I found this note book which actually says ..my first violin master in the right hand corner has written started in April 1976 I would have been 3 years and 10 months and I cannot believe I could follow the notes and actually play the instrument.

I did not pursue playing.... never was musically inclined....I think my parents tried till I was about 10 and gave up.It never appealed to me as an instrument.
But this page is a proof That I did learn and I for sure recall I was playing till 1983 because my school and I were included in various scenes of a famous movie called "Koodevide" I actually remember playing for the film!...dont remember if I ever featured in the final release!...

Vivid memory of my parents effort to teach me to play an instrument....I can still read notes and never agreed to my children choosing violin even when they wanted to...I told them to learn piano ....which I wanted to when I was little but never did till this day!

1 comment:

  1. I think every parent wants their child to do what they themselves couldnt..We all force our ambitions onto our children,excusing our actions as extended oppurtunities for them.Luckily children today are quite clear headed about what they want...
    But i sure want to hear u play the violin one day!!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!