Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Do you know what is P.O.S?

Its been the second time this is happening I try to get into the discipline of posting a thought every day and miserably fail!
Apologies for that!

Yesterday I learned an acronym -in a "Internet Safety" session.
I consider myself quite internet savvy although I dont own the latest iphone or any thing to that kind...I always thought I was on top if the happenings.
One underlying reason I keep myself updated I know for sure my daughters will be ahead of me soon and I should be aware of the latest till they pass the vulenrable age!

So I was surprised when the P.C Mark (stands for Police Constable in UK unlike the Personal Computer I grew up with) I was taken aback I didnt know that.
And I believe children as young as 5 type that if parent peers over them!

He did say LOL and a few others but this one made me sit up!

P O S is Point of Sale terminal - in the modern technical jargon
P O S - as an Indian eceonomics student I remember it as Post Office Savings


But this one isnt that!


Scroll down and check it out!
Needless to say I will be delighted if you care to leave an comment!
Thanks in advance!



<



















Parent over Shoulder



Of course they have a lot more than just that!
TOS- Teacher over Shoulder

to SOS - Someone over shoulder and so on!





Dont forget to leave your comment!

2 comments:

  1. Hah I knew wht PC stood for;-D
    I feeel soooo good really!!!!

    Ummm.....Enid Blyton had a series called The Five FindOuters in which there was a character called Mr. Goon who was PC for the village;-D

    As for the rest of them, never had a clue;-o

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!