Monday, January 11, 2010

When Tanya was 9

This post was long overdue and ideally posted on December 11th...Thats how life has been just trying to catch up...but I am determined it should be posted at least on Jan 11th.

This is written how she would have hopefully perceived the world as it unfolded when she was 9 years old...

I turned 9 at Taipei .I remember cutting the cake on a cold morning and heading to school.I cut a cake in school too.I was really excited to spend a whole evening with two of my best friends at the American Club Taipei...Swimming and having all junk food.

Within a week we went to Singapore and then to Kochi where my grandparents live.
We celebrated Xmas there...When we headed back my Mom told me that I am no longer going to school in Taipei.It is time for us to move again...

The remaining days were hard as my parents were busy settling lots of things before we move.I was lucky to go to school one day and say Bye to all my friends...

We then landed in London and had to stay in Canary Wharf.It was a great break from all the activities I was involved in.The only thing we could do in the service apartment was watch local British Channels. We missed Disney Channel a lot.We were either looking at houses or watching TV.As usual my mom continued to pester me to do Kumon sheets but we did very little work.

About 10 days after our arrival it was snowing...we enjoyed watching the snowfall from the balconies as mom was very scared to send us out to play with snow should we fall sick...We finally moved to our home with very little things.Its going to be months before our things arrive.I began at a new school and started making friends...
I used to be one of the youngest in my old school now I am one of the oldest.
I am not too happy about it but there was no choice.

After about three weeks, I got admission in the current school and I had to move to the 6th primary school.I was thrilled to find out I was one of the best swimmers in my class.I spoke with American accent and people often asked me if I was from America.

As we settled down my family made friends with N one of my special friends in London...the only problem is we live very far away so we dont get to see each other very often.

We went to Paris Disney Land and to America during summer.I always wanted to go to America.It was a wish come true.I really liked the Niagara Falls.

The summer days were fun as we could cycle in the evenings and we made lots of friends in the neighbourhood.

I also acted in a pantomime for the first time.It was long hours of practice and I slowly gave up my dreams of becoming an actress.I am good at singing and I thing I will stick with that.

I started enjoying chess a lot more than before.
Finally I turned 10 and my mum held a Xmas party at home on the same day.We had good fun.

Photos can be viewed at When Tanya was 9

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!