Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Determination

“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” Gail Devers


I loved this quote but thats not why I chose to write on determination.

I have a friend who lived by this quote!.....

We have been friends for over 20 years....while at college....over the years we lived in different cities and had only once a chance to live in the same city in the late 90's...Today we live about 3 hours apart and haven't seen each other since 2000.

about 3 years ago when we chatted both of us had discovered blogging recently....
I had just moved to Taipei and wanted to do something to keep myself occupied...while my friend anyways loved writing....so it was a great find....

Today she is a published author...and have over 100,000 hits....read her post for more details....and I have in comparison over 3500 hits...the difference is she stayed focused and determined to succeed...I love such people and admire them for their self discipline....

When I read her last post I was tempted to go and check her first few posts...
Today At the click of submit ...she gets dozens of responses....
Her first post

And this was the post I remember reading first though!

And now she had over 300 great pieces of writing and 100,000 hits.

As I said these individuals are living examples of determination and will to succeed!

6 comments:

  1. Totally agree with U about Preethi:-))!!!!

    I may not have met her face to face but her positive attitude towards life is obvious & its also so obvious that she doesnt intend to waste a single moment of it. Her posts are sensitive, energizing and makes me think....all the time.

    Frankly, I admire her....she's into so many things that she makes me feel like a couch potato...oh well lets face it, I am one;-/

    Great topic Vinoo:-))!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only grouse I have about her is her figure.....she looks so good dammit;-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read all this just now as someone came to my blog from this id..:D LOLing at Nancy's comments :-)

    Thanks for the mention Vinoo!

    I had indeed put on eight after my first pregnancy.I have blogged about how I slogged to burn it off. Now also I slog :P but mostly eat healthy. Thing is I am paranoid about weight and hyperactive and hyper sensitive to just about anything.It's like if I sleep I might miss something :)
    Jokes apart ,actually I am obsessed about giving 100% to whatever I am doing. For example I must be one of the very few who cannot talk on the phone and do something else too. I am lousy at multi tasking.

    So you see--each of us have our strong points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are welcome Preeti!

    I admire your detremination...please pass osme of that bug to me...I need it desparately on the losing weight front!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way Preeti writes and I really admire her determination !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeh Ruch...she is not wiiling to part even with 0.1%...tried hard...

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!