Thursday, October 16, 2008

Taipei Living

We completed two years of living in Taipei....two years ago I wrote how we spent our first 15 days here...
And for the occasion to be remembered Riona lost her first tooth.

And I got my reality check we are still in Taipei when you pick up an apparent legal notice in your post box you cant read a word on it..


We have come a long way:

Here are things I learnt in Taipei

I managed to blog most of the significant things and sometimes the insignificant too we did when we were in Taipei!

It doesn't bother you when you read a notice in the elevator saying "Dear inhabitants"

For the first time I managed without a maid.

I can cook a full meal and host dinner for a dozen people.

My knowledge on systems of education and curriculum has increased so much that early childhood education is something I can write a book on.

I learned to drive on the right side of the road...

I have no fear in going to a place knowing very well you can't communicate with anyone.

On an average day you meet over dozen nationalities with varied culture yet you are part of a big picture and you may be asked with astonishment Are you Indian?How I wished I could say that I am from China?

While in Taipei we visited most tourist destinations in Taiwan.

We also visited Hongkong, Japan and New Zealand...and literally all in the span of 12months.

Tanya and Riona are into singing, dancing and swimming very actively.

My best friend in College became an author and I must say I was thrilled..

My sister had a baby.

I helped a good friend set up a website.

I spent and did a very expensive course on Internet Marketing.And really didnt put to any use..In retrospect it was a waste of money.Though my first website was up

The world witnessed the unfolding of Sub Prime Crisis.

I counted months to leave the country and I am still here after two years.

I managed to trade options and think I know my niche area now.

1 comment:

  1. Vinoo,
    Congrats on completing two years filled with learning.
    Living in a new place is such an enriching experience.so glad you grabbed the opportunity and learnt so much.
    Thanks for the mention :)
    Your post on IVY league was very useful. Thanks
    Cheers
    Preeti

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!