Friday, April 27, 2007

Investment

This piece of poem I discovered in my post box one morning used by some local real estate agent.

Not sure who is the author but I thought it aptly describes my feelings on making investments!

I




I hesitate to make a LIST
Of all the countless opportunities I've MISSED
Bonanzas that were in my GRIP
I watched them through my fingers SLIP

The windfalls that I should have BOUGHT
We lost because I OVERTHOUGHT
I thought of this, I thought of THAT
I could have swore I smelled a RAT
And while I thought things over TWICE
Another grabbed them at the PRICE

It seems I always HESITATE
And make my mind up much too LATE
A very cautious human am I
And that is why I never BUY

When others culled those sprawling FARMS
And welcomed contracts with open ARMS
I chose to think and while I THOUGHT
They bought the deals I could have BOUGHT

The golden chances I had THEN
Today I cannot be ENTICED
For everything's so OVERPRICED

At times a teardrop drowns my EYES
For opportunities I had but did not BUY
And now life's saddest words I PEN
"if only I'd invested THEN"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for reading and leaving a note!